Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just an update

Hi, Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on. Yes, Casey and I are one of the regular people. We both have our new jobs and so far we both like them. To the surprise of most our families. I think it is a surprise to both of us too. Casey says he does really like driving only a few minutes to get to work. After all those years of driving 60 miles to work and home again for 35 years. Maybe he is getting older. No, I don't think so, and neither does he. At least he doesn't act it. That's my husband or child, which ever fits at the time.
I do really like my job too. I only work a few hours a day. I get to see a lot of people that I didn't see much. When you work from home you don't see a lot of other people. I don't have to make the decisions and all the headaches. Someone else gets that job. I just do my job and like it. I know it is kind of a surprise for me too.
Last week end I went on my first bus shop hop. Thats a quilting shopping trip for those of you who don't know what that is. We had 44 women on one, new, bus going to quilt shops. For a quilter it is heaven. We stopped at 5 different shops from the twin cities to Ames, IA. At every shop they had food. I don't think I have ate so many different times in one day. We did three our first day then stayed in Owatona, MN for the night and then went to Ames, IA and back to Webster City, IA. We started in Webster City. We played a bunch of fun games and met some great gals. I'm ready for another one.
Oh yeah, we are leaving for Chicago this week end and told the guys we are stopping at some shops. Our own little shop hop. Steve's driving. They get their bowling in too. We'll all be happy. We are doing the Storm Mixed team tournament in Elk Grove. We took 2nd place last year. I am usually glad if I just don't embarrass myself.
That's all for now. Oh yeah, we have had a bunch of rain. Yes, water in the basement, but not much. The drain took care of it. Cats are not happy.
I am posting the quilt I did for Jenna, my niece in Texas. I made one for her folks to give to her for her birthday. She has it now so I can post it. Happy Birthday Jenna.

No comments:

Welcome to The Bonk House

We want to welcome you to our site. We are new to this so have patience with us. It is our desire to keep you up to date with what is going on with us and to help out with our schedule if you need to know what is going on.
We hope that you have fun. We are going to have fun with this also.

Our Life

Holland, Iowa, United States
50ish married couple of 37 years. We are both the oldest of our families. So we come by our bossyness honestly. As all our families know we are still very much in love. Our first priority for us will always be our family.